Quotes are a thing that many people tend to degrade on social media, and following or taking other people’s quotes as something worth listening to, is usually underappreciated. This is because people think we all have our own unique set of problems to wrestle with. However, every job is tough, and teaching can make you feel like you want to quit the very next day. Reading these quotes won’t be a permanent fix to that, but i hope something clicks when you read through. Enjoy.
- “The best teachers are the ones that change their minds” Terry Heick
- “I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think” Socrates
- “Those who know do, those who understand teach” Aristotle
- “Teachers teach someone something, in that order” Samuel Natale
- “I cannot be a teacher without exposing who I am” Paulo Freire
- “Your job is not to drag the world kicking and screaming into new awareness. Your job is to simply do your work… sacredly, silently…and those with eyes to see and ears to hear will respond” The Arturians
- “The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence” Amos Bronson Alcott
- “In a completely rational society, the best of us would be teachers and the rest of us would have to settle for something else” Lee Lacocca
- “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” William Arthur Ward
- “Education is not the filling of a pot but the lighting of a fire” W.B Yeats
- “Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition” Jacques Barzun
- “A teacher is one who makes himself progressively unnecessary” Thomas Carruthers
- “I’m not a teacher, but an awakener.” Robert Frost
- “I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions under which they can learn” Albert Einstein
- “Teaching is the highest form of understanding” Aristotle
- “When one teaches, two learn” Robert Heinlein
- “A teacher affects eternity. He can never tell where his influence stops” Henry Adams
- “A good teacher is like a candle; It consumes itself to light the way for others” Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
- “Proper teaching is recognized with ease. You can know it without fail because it awakens within you the sensation which tells you this is something you have always known” Frank Herbert.
- “A great teacher can teach calculus with a paper clip and literature in an empty field. Technology is just another tool, not a destination.” Unknown
- “You cannot teach a crab to walk straight” Aristophanes
- “Teaching is the one profession that creates all other professions” Unknown
- “A teacher who is attempting to teach without inspiring the pupil with a desire to learn is hammering on cold iron” Horace Mann
- “Good teaching is ¼ preparation, and ¾ theatre” Gail Goldwin
- “Your worst enemy is your best teacher” Buddha
- “The job of an educator is to teach students to see vitality in themselves” Joseph Campbell
- “All teachings are mere references. The true reference is living your own life” Ming Dao Deng
- “To know what to suggest is the art of teaching” Henri Frederic Amiel
- “Teaching is only demonstrating that it is possible. Learning is making it possible for yourself” Paul Coelho
- “I would teach how science works as much as I would teach what science knows” Neil Degrasse Tyson
While you have lots of challenges that come your way, there are thousands of people that have been there before you, and it’s the way you get up after a fall, that determines how strong you are.
Comments are closed.